Granting 3rd-party access to your records

first_imgShare Share via TwitterShare via FacebookShare via LinkedInShare via E-mail Published: Jan. 22, 2019 As required by federal law (e.g., FERPA and HIPAA), CU is committed to protecting your personal information. If you want to give your parent or another third party (e.g., guardian, sponsor, health provider) access to those records, simply complete the appropriate steps as described below. Your tuition and fee billGiving people access to CUBill&Pay, called authorizing payers, lets them view the tuition bill, pay online, sign up for a payment plan and discuss the bill with staff in the Bursar’s Office.Your education recordTo allow a third party (e.g., parent, partner or sponsor) to access your education record, complete one or both of the following authorizations.FERPA Consent to Release: FERPA consent allows CU staff to discuss your education or financial records with your designated third party by phone, over LiveChat, by email or in person. We’ll confirm their identity by asking them to provide the password you established for them.CU Guest Access: Your designated third party can create an account and log in to the CU record system for read-only access to select items in your education record.Your health recordIf you’ve had one or more appointments with Medical Services (MS) and/or Counseling and Psychiatric Services, allow a family member or other healthcare provider to access your record by completing one or both of the following authorizations in your MyCUHealth portal:Authorization to Release Health Information: Release your medical information to yourself or another person/clinic.Authorization to Verbally Disclose Health Information: Allow a family member or other health care provider to speak with Medical Services and/or Counseling and Psychiatric Services.Categories:Deadlines & AnnouncementsCampus Communitylast_img read more